VelaCreations

Switch to desktop

We finally got a roof on the barn's cistern.

What with one thing after another (big jobs, odd jobs, truck problems, etc.), it took us a while to get the barn's cistern done. However, we made it. It is now finished, so our fish and water plants can be warmer and our water isn't lost to evaporation.


Flickr Slideshow Plugin: ERROR!

The Flickr API returned an ERROR:

cURL execution failed. Please fix cURL or try sockets as connection method.

We made the frame out of 1/2" PVC, reinforced with rebar. It arches north to south and then connects in straight (ish) bits down to the east and west. We tied the frame down to the cables attached to the posts.


Flickr Slideshow Plugin: ERROR!

The Flickr API returned an ERROR:

cURL execution failed. Please fix cURL or try sockets as connection method.
We then stretched greenhouse plastic over the whole thing. We attached this plastic to the frame using chunks of 3/4" PVC. These chunks had a third of its circle cut out and were sanded. They fit very snugly and hold the plastic very well.

Related items

  • First Flush

    We finally got around to building a first flush for the rain catchment system.

  • Muscovy Ducks

    We finally have Muscovy Ducks on our property.

  • Meal worms

    Leo's latest pets are meal worms, which he checks every day to see if they have pupated or turned into beetles.

  • Worm Boxes

    We put some worm boxes under the baby rabbit cages.

Copyright by VelaCreations 2012. All rights reserved.

Top Desktop version