While Abe’s been working on the barn, I have been busy with other chores and jobs around the place. One of these is converting the garden into wicking beds.
We have been super impressed with the wicking beds we’ve already got. They are so efficient with water and very easy to shade or protect from cold. So, we’ve decided to change most of the current garden beds into wicking beds, especially the ones we will be using for roots (as the soil we add is high in organic and thus soft and crumbly for roots.
So far I have only done three, two in the garden and one outside the south wall of our house (as an overflow to the inside grey water garden). A long way to go, but hey.