The barn now has a roof and gutters, and has caught some rain.
Abe and a couple of friends put up the metal of the barn’s roof. They also attached the gutters and connected the downspout to the cistern, as well as completing the overflow system.
We then got half an inch of rain, adding 250 gallons to the tank. If we get another 5″ or 6″ of rain this year, it will fill up. As is, there is enough water for all the animals for the year.
The few fish that we put into the tank seem to be doing well. The ecosystem within the water is getting established. We will run the water through a plant filtration system before it enters the barn and we are getting excited about the types of plants we will use, such as cattails and water hyacinth.